At DiaEdu Management Consultants (DiaEdu), Dusseldorf Business Point 907, Al Barsha,1, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, we respect the privacy of the members and attendees of our events and associations. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use, and protect your personal information. We are committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws and being transparent about what we do.
We may modify this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we are doing with your information. Please review frequently; you will be able to see if any changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
This Data Protection Statement applies to all services offered by DiaEdu.
1. Who we are
DiaEdu is a Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) that aims at providing simplified solutions for public and private health interests through innovative approaches in conferencing, association management, stand-alone meetings, and smart technological solutions provided through Medgress. Medgress is a system developed, owned, and copyrighted to DiaEdu that provides centralized management tools including but not limited to registration forms, certification, surveying, and payment needs of the company or any of the clients using our services.
In this policy, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ are to DiaEdu and all the associations under our management that use our services.
2. How the data is collected
We collect data concerning you when you provide us with your details during the event, online registration, abstract registration, certificate release, and/or survey for any of our meetings, conferences, and webinars. The data is collected via our website, SMS, phone calls, email, letters, and other correspondence, or in person
3. Who we collect personal data about
We collect personal data about:
• Conference and webinar attendees
• Education faculty
• Media contacts
• Our business partners and suppliers
• Trustees, board of directors, and committee members
4. Why we collect personal data
DiaEdu uses the data collected to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the overall quality of its services. We collect and use personal data for the following purposes:
- Facilitating event registration and recording attendance
- Providing online learning and education through webinars
- Processing membership applications, on-going membership management and renewals
- Building profiles of our members and registered users on our website
- Allocating grants, honors, or awards
- Managing abstract submissions
- Processing payments and travel bookings
- Fundraising, processing donations and communicating with donors
- Conducting surveys for quality assurance and improvement
- Communicating information about the association, our activities, and campaign updates
- Facilitating direct marketing
- Responding to general enquiries
- Establishing security
5. The personal data that we collect
We only collect personal information that we genuinely need. This may include:
- Contact details such as name, email address, and phone numbers
- Organization or company of employment and/or job title
- Country of residence
- Quality assessment of services
- Accommodation preference and travel schedule
- Additional information as requested by Client on events
6. Note on legitimate interests
The term ‘Legitimate Interest’ means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine reason to do so while ensuring we do not harm your rights and interests. We rely upon legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing personal data to carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights. When you provide us with your personal details, we use your information for our legitimate business interests i.e., to carry out our work to promote and advance education, safety, and research, as well as the wellbeing of individual healthcare professionals.
7. Sharing your personal data
We will not disclose your information to third parties or individuals, except if obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation, or criminal investigations. We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organizations
8. Duration of storage
We hold your personal data only for as long as we need it or are legally required to. Personal information held in our electronic and paper filing systems is securely destroyed or deleted when it is no longer required.
9. Location of storage and controller of database
All the personal data that we collect is stored in a cloud-based central database at a third-party provider’s location in Singapore with appropriate safeguards in place. The third-party provider has signed our dedicated data protection clause. Please note that we do not transfer the data anywhere.
11. Your data subject rights
At any point while we are processing your personal data, as a data subject you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold
- Right of rectification – you have the right to modify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing and automated processing and profiling
13. Additional information and contact details
If you require further clarification on the above or have any questions, please email email@example.com. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing materials, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the email communication.
Last updated: 28 February 2022